Search This Blog

Thursday 31 March 2011

April Business of the Month



Welcome to our new feature.  Every month we will focus on one of the businesses that advertise with La Roche and in true “Michael Parkinson” style we will interrogate them so that you know all about their business, what makes them tick and what you as a customer can expect from them!


This month our Business of the month title goes to nellie dean.
So who is nellie dean and what type of business are they? 








1.       What is your business name and why?
The business is called nellie dean. Why? Because I wanted something that sounded fun. Nellie dean is what my dad used to call me when I was a child so I thought I'd resurrect it.

2.      How long have you been trading?
I set up in June 2010.

3.       What inspired you to start your own business?
I've always thought of having my own craft business and it was 2 friends starting theirs that made me think that I should give it a go too. I made lots of things for my wedding last year and that finally inspired me to take the next step.

4.       What do you enjoy most about your job?
I enjoy the freedom and flexibility to plan my working week around the demands of the business and my family. I also enjoy the creative process of taking my new products from ideas to the finished items.

5.      What do you find challenging about running a business?
Sometimes I miss working with colleagues and the office banter and can find working on my own a bit isolating. Maybe that's why I chat on the internet a lot!

6.       What is your favourite product?  
My favourite product has got to be my felt brooches. I always wear one on my outfit and they really add a splash of colour. 

7.       What can customers expect when they contact you?
Customers can expect a friendly, efficient service

  Sum up your business in one sentence.
      Beautiful handmade bunting, bags, brooches and more!



Many thanks to nellie dean for taking the time to answer my questions.  You can check out her page on La Roche here.

Ally xx

No comments:

Post a Comment